The Certificate in Insurance is a core qualification for insurance staff working across all sectors of the industry (and the logical progression from the introductory-level Award for the Foundation Insurance Test).
It provides a grounding in:
- basic insurance principles including the regulatory environment;
- the key insurance disciplines of underwriting and claims; and
- popular products including: motor, household, healthcare and packaged commercial insurances
- London market legislation, regulation, market practice and distribution for those starting work in or having dealings with this market.
It supports role-specific learning which will assist you to develop the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to succeed.
By covering a broad range of core topics, the Certificate allows you to develop the knowledge and confidence you need before you begin to focus your subsequent studies and specialise according to your ambitions and career requirements.
This qualification is the first step towards becoming professionally qualified and, as such, its value is widely recognised by employers throughout the insurance industry.
On completion CII members will be entitled to use the designation ‘Cert CII’ (CII membership and Continuing Professional Development requirements apply).
The Certificate delivers many advantages:
- Demonstrate to your employer, peers and customers your commitment to personal learning and development.
- Can form part of an overall programme to meet the regulator’s training and competence requirements.
- Supports lifelong learning as prior study is recognised as you progress through the qualifications framework, taking accumulated credits with you.
- Supports personalised learning programmes as you select the topics most appropriate to your role, rather than follow a rigid pre-set learning pathway.
- Certificate in Insurance awarded upon completion.
- Upon completion CII members can use the designation ‘Cert CII’, demonstrating their professional standing (Continuing Professional Development requirements apply).
There are no requirements for previous experience or education.
One exam is obligatory and the second one is chosen by the student.
- Obligatry exam: IF1 – Insurance, Legal and Regulatory
- Chosen exam – one of the following:
IF2 – General Insurance
IF3 – Insurance Underwriting Process
IF4 – Insurance Claims Handling Process
- Programme completion period: about 50 study hours per module
- Delivery modes:
1. Online Classroom
2. Online Classroom LIVE
- Prices: 195 GBP (OCR) or 335 GBP LIVE (VAT excl., study materials are included).
- Format: 2hrs for multiple choice questions (A/B/C/D).
- Dates for exams: Upon request (no fixed schedule)
- Exam fee is payable to CII: 140 GBP
For further information and registrations, please contact MDV:
T: +359 887 492 126